Mon, 22 Aug|
Inflation, Food Insecurity and the Coming Global Food Order
Time & Location
22 Aug 2022, 5:00 pm – 23 Aug 2022, 7:00 pm
Wellington Club, 88 The Terrace, Wellington Central, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
About the Event
Inflation, Food Insecurity, and the Coming Global Food Order
The world is in the throes of a food emergency.
Overlapping crises, such as the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, wars in Ukraine and elsewhere, supply chain bottlenecks for both inputs like fertilizer and outputs like wheat, and natural disasters induced by climate change have caused what the United Nations has called “the greatest cost-of-living crisis in a generation.”
Diplosphere will discuss:
- What does this mean for NZ?
- How will NZ agriculture look in 2050?
- How can we prepare?
- Why are shelves empty for this first time in years in big developed economies?
- What are the hard lessons of the pandemic on securing food supplies?
- How will we feed 2 Bn+ more people by 2050 with our broken food system?
- Terry Copeland,CEO, Federated Farmers
- Gil Meron, CEO, Sprout Agritech
- Her Excellency Dina el Sehy, Egyptian Ambassador to NZ
- Amos Palfreyman, CEO and Co-Founder, Miruku (NZ animal-free dairy)
- Sirma Karapeeva, CEO, Meat Industry Association (TBC)
- Additional speaker to be confirmed
- 5:00 PM: Registration /Drinks / Mix & mingle
- 5:30 PM - 6:45 PM: Panel discussion
Dress code: Business