Thu, 18 Apr|
INDEPENDENCE, INTEREST & INTELLIGENCE
Rethinking New Zealand’s Security Settings in the Wake of Christchurch?
Time & Location
18 Apr 2019, 5:30 pm – 6:45 pm
Wellington Club, Wellington Club Building Level 4/88 The Terrace, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
About the Event
New Zealand professes an independent foreign policy. But in the wake of the Christchurch attack, questions have been asked about our intelligence agencies’ focus – why did we not see this coming? How can we prevent such blind spots in the future? And is our interest aligned & well served with current security partnerships and settings? All these questions and more will be brought up in this lively panel discussion chaired by Maty Nikkhou-O’Brien.
- Dr Paul Buchanan, Director, 36th Parallel Assessments
- Adrian van Hest, PwC Partner & Cyber Leader
- Dave Armstrong, DomPost Columnist and Playwright
- Hon Dr Wayne Mapp, Law Commissioner, formerly Defence Minister
- Terence O’Brien, Senior Fellow at the Centre for Strategic Studies; formerly Ambassador to the UN, EU,WTO-GATT
- His Excellency, Saleh Ahmad Alsuwaidi, Ambassador of the United Arab Emirates