Thu, 02 Nov|
God Defend New Zealand - From What?
What geopolitical issues will an incoming government need to navigate?
Time & Location
02 Nov 2023, 5:15 pm – 03 Nov 2023, 7:00 pm
Wellington, Wellington Club Building Level 4/88 The Terrace, Wellington Central, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
About the Event
God Defend New Zealand - from What?
Diplosphere is delighted to host a top notch panel to discuss top of mind geopolitical issues for the new government. From AUKUS to the war in Ukraine and much in between, the international outlook is only set to become more challenging, in a multipolar world.
We will discuss:
- What do we mean by our independent foreign policy?
- To what global shifts does our policy need to adapt?
- Why AUKUS, and where to for New Zealand?
- Can New Zealand further leverage its non-nuclear identity?
- And related questions.
- Rosemary Banks: Chair of the NZ-US Council; Former Ambassador to the US, France, and Permanent Representative to the OECD and UN (New York)
- John McKinnon: Chair of the NZ-China Council; Two-time Ambassador to China
- Hon Tim Groser: Former Trade Minister and Ambassador to the US
- Dan O'Brien, Co-founder & Director, Diplosphere
Chair: Maty Nikkhou-O'Brien, Founder & Executive Director, Diplosphere
- 5:15 pm: Doors open
- 5:15 pm - 5:45 pm: Mix and mingle
- 5:45 pm - 7:00 pm: Panel discussion
Dress code: Business attire