Wed, 17 May|
Artificial General Intelligence: Have We Opened Pandora's box
The discussion about Artificial General Intelligence's consequences has just begun...
Time & Location
17 May 2023, 5:45 pm – 18 May 2023, 6:45 pm
Parliament Buildings, 1 Museum Street, Pipitea, Wellington 6160, New Zealand
About the Event
Artificial General Intelligence: Have We Opened Pandora's Box?
The stunning advances in Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) of the past three months have taken the world by storm, as if we have leapt into the future in just a few months; customer service, medicine, coding, media, interpretation of results is all set to change.
Yet, AGI's broader implications remain uncertain. We have had limited debates on possible impacts of the technology.
Though there is a huge potential for upside, the downside risk - the machines taking over - is uncapped - think the Matrix, or worse!
Join Diplosphere's discussion as we delve into the social, economic, and human issues of this brave new world.
- Her Excellency Nina Obermaier, Ambassador of the European Union to NZ
- Scott Houston, CTO and CEO of tech companies, Founder of GreenButton (acquired by Microsoft)
- Shivonne Londt, Public Sector Solution Architect at AWS
- Peter Griffin, Science and Technology Journalist
- Asa Cox, Founder & CEO at Arcanum AI
Chair: Maty Nikkhou-O'Brien, Founder & Executive Director, Diplosphere
- 5:15pm-5:45pm: Mix and mingle
- 5:45pm-6:45pm: Panel discussion
Dress code: Business attire