After the Pandemic, Prepare for the Roaring Twenties?
Time & Location
About the Event
After the pandemic, could the twenties be roaring once again?
In this Diplosphere discussion, we will explore the parallels between the famed roaring 20s, occurring after WWI and the Spanish flu, and the new 20s decade?
What are the new trends and challenges, and what lessons can be learnt not to end up with another Great Depression, failure of the rules-based system and a global war? And in an age of technical wonder, why do so many feel so disillusioned?
Chair: Maty Nikkhou-O'Brien, Founder & Executive Director, Diplosphere
- Her Excellency Nina Obermaier, EU Ambassador to Aotearoa New Zealand
- Simon Upton, Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment
- Kirk Hope, CEO, BusinessNZ (TBC)
- Pinky Agnew MNZM, VCANZ, Expert on Love
- John Ballingall, Economist, Sense Partners
- Prof Tim Naish, Antarctic Research Centre, Victoria University of Wellington
- 5.00pm Doors open
- 5.30-6.30pm Diplosphere 'Face to Face' discussion
- 6.30-7.00pm End of year drinks
Dress code: Chic